Information technology can be an incredibly daunting, frustrating subject for many business owners.
Sometimes it seems like even if you know exactly what you want to accomplish with information technology, you still have no idea how to get there. That’s where a technology solutions provider comes in handy. When you partner with a technology solutions provider, the complex, ever-evolving digital world becomes simpler than ever before. So who provides IT services in Edmonton and surrounding areas? And how can you get started?
Who provides IT services in Edmonton and surrounding areas?
Well, there’s a lot of companies to choose from. A quick google search will get you TONS of results within seconds. Mogsnet Computers (that’s us!) is one of them, but you certainly have your pick of the litter so to speak. Our team has been around since 2002. We started as a break/fix information technology company, however, we’ve since evolved into a managed services provider that gives you the complete package:
- Business phone systems
- vCIO services
- Data backup and disaster recovery
- And much more
We chose to go the “fully managed” route because we know businesses need to be able to predict their expenses, month after month. You get a flat-rate monthly fee you can accurately budget for. Plus, you can have peace of mind knowing your technology is handled for you with monitoring, maintenance, and regular updates. You’ll be able to work as productive as possible without worrying about issues and/or downtime.
You can find out more about us by clicking here. In the meantime, keep reading to find out more information on how to get the best IT services in Edmonton and surrounding areas.
What should I look for when choosing a technology solutions provider?
Finding a technology solutions provider can be difficult. IT World Canada wrote a great article on finding a managed services provider here. They mentioned that when you’re on the hunt for a managed services provider, you need to find the best of the best, not just another “good’ company. We agree with that.
Here are a few tips for finding a great technology solutions in Edmonton:
- A proactive approach: You need more than a break/fix approach wherein your provider waits for your systems to fail, then bills you for the hours they spend fixing them. You need a proactive approach – a company that has a vested interest in keeping your systems running properly with preventative monitoring and maintenance.
- A range of services: You never know what you’ll need in the future, so even if your chosen company offers what you need now, make sure they offer a range of services. Can they take care of your phone systems? What about your document management solutions? Or your copiers and printers? It’s important to make sure they’re certified and experienced in a multitude of areas.
- A high level of availability: It’s great to have support during business hours, but what happens if your server goes down at 9 o’clock at night? Or you’re getting to the office early to start work and you’re unable to access your email? Find out about their level of availability. Are they able to offer 24/7 support? Will they do remote and onsite?
- A solid reputation: This should go without saying, but make sure you’re choosing someone who has a solid reputation in the industry. Do they offer testimonials you can read through? What about case studies? Even better, would they give you the names and telephone numbers of a couple current clients so you can talk with them?
- A “big picture” focus: It’s not all about technology. It’s about your business and what you want to accomplish. A good technology solutions provider looks at the big picture – helping you determine goals and objectives, then sorting out the most appropriate solutions to reach them. They’ll help you get where you want to be.
You need more than yet another computer company that wants to sell you products. You need a technology solutions provider that’s ready to help you improve the way you operate. When it comes to finding the best IT services in Edmonton and surrounding areas, you need someone with a solid background, extensive expertise, and a long-standing dedication to client service.
Do I even need a technology solutions provider? Or can I handle technology in-house?
Forbes wrote a great article here on this very topic. They talked about the difficult choice between outsourcing or handling technology in-house. They mentioned that while in-house personnel will understand your company, they might not understand a wide range of technologies or offer a broad skill-set.
Outsourced companies, on the other hand, may lack an understanding of your company, but they’re typically able to handle any and all needs as they have access to an entire team’s worth of knowledge, skill-sets, and educations. Your best bet is finding a technology solutions provider that’s willing to get to know your company.
So how do you know if you’re ready to outsource? If you find yourself relating to the following, you’re more than ready to start looking for a great technology solutions provider:
- You’re growing as a company but technology is falling behind: Growth is always a good thing, but when your IT infrastructure doesn’t grow with you, you’re bound to run into problems. A technology solutions provider will help you make sure your environment suits the number of users you’ve become. This means ensuring scalability now and in the future.
- You’re always putting out some type of fire: Do you often find yourself (or someone on your team) struggling to put out some type of fire? A virus here, a bit of data loss there, it all adds up! You shouldn’t spend valuable hours installing patches or troubleshooting issues, especially those that can be prevented in the first place.
- You’re struggling to maintain in-house technology personnel: Let’s say you’ve hired some in-house technology personnel before, but for some reason or another, they never seem to work out. They’re too overwhelmed, they don’t have the skills you need, they’re always needing sick days or going on vacation. A team of experts might be a great alternative.
Making the choice to find outsourced IT services in Edmonton is only half the battle. Finding a technology solutions provider that’s well suited to your business is the next step. Let us know if you need help.
If you’re interested in learning more about us and what we do, call us at (888) 243-3217 anytime. You can also click here to read our latest blogs. We have tons of great information in terms of technology tips, tricks, and the latest news that impacts businesses like yours.